Tuesday, July 05, 2005

And then

Monday was busy. We hooked up with some friends & did a kid exchange. We took theirs in the AM while they went to Big Orange, and later I dropped ours off to their house & the kiddie pool there. They invited us for dinner, & destruction. Dinner actually came first, in part. I decided to contribute sausage pepperonata, which seems to basically be sausage & peppers with a fancy name. Sauteed peppers, onions & garlic mixed with grilled kosher sausage. Cooked it & set aside. Put in our new metal flagpole bracket, replacing the snapped off plastic one (that being the stop at Lowe's on Sunday.)

Over to the friend's house for the destruction part of the day. They're very handy people, and they're redoing their downstairs bathroom. We offered to help both to be nice and because we want to learn to do more stuff on our own. So I brought gloves & goggles, and borrowed a crowbar, as did Mrs. We got to tear tile down, and my pal showed me how to drill through tile, which I had never done before. He had lots of tile free for me to disfigure, so I made some holes. I'd much rather practice in somebody else's house. And yes, I hope to participate in the reconstruction as well, so I'm not just into breaking stuff.

Anyway, it was a blast. We moved on to dinner at some point, which was delicious. The sausage was quite a bit hotter than I expected, so my sinuses were cleared out nicely. Our hosts had family over, and we had a lovely time. A bit more destruction (we found 1955 newspapers stuffed in between the wood backing and the brick on what used to be the outside of the house. Veal Cutlets, 65 cents/pound), and then kiddie meltdown and time for home and another hosing off.

The Diem was certainly Carpe'd.