Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday has arrived

And with it the return of a few people's favorite entertainment, the Thursday Three.

1. Whatcha reading?

I just finished a couple of Fantasy novels by Raymond Feist, the "Conclave of Shadows" series. Meh. Not bad, but he has a habit of repeating himself. The whole fantasy genre has become kind of stereotypical - elves, troubled hero, dark, mysterious enemy, etc., etc.

2. …Listening to?

Right at this moment, the Tony Kornheiser show over the net, from his Washington, DC home station, WTEM. He's very funny, and even though we're on opposite sides politically, I try not to miss a show. Musically (see yesterday) there's a lot of Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, which is pretty standard for me. There's also been a lot of Kinks, some AC/DC, and my favorite Celtic rock band, Off Kilter.

3. …Watching?

Not much recently. TV is largely about hockey for me in the Fall/Winter/Spring, and I skipped the Olympics. The Rangers are back on the ice tonight, so there will be some hockey. I did catch an episode of Overhaulin' the other night, as well as some Monster House.

AND, in one of the biggest surprises of all, A BONUS QUESTION— Whatcha cooking?

Last week there was a ton of cooking, but most by the wife. We had noodle & squash kugel, and a delicious corned beef. I made eggs for dinner last night. I'm waiting for it to get slightly warmer and a little less snowy to get back into the grill groove, and then we'll see what I can come up with.