Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday it is,

I am back at work, and there's more silliness:

Now then, we want you to name the THREE most idiotic things you’ve ever done to prove yourself against the forces of Mother Nature. This doesn’t have to be just weather, though, even though Sarah would probably like it that way, but can be any of the forces of Nature--gravity, weather, earthquakes, electromagnetism…


1) Not so much to prove myself, but I did ride my bike 4 miles home from school one day in a torrential downpour, and tried riding full speed. Guess what? No brakes. I nearly got hit by a car, and learned to slow down.

2) More recently, I attempted to shovel 18 inches of wet, heavy snow with a handheld electric snow broom. Had I kept it up, I imagine I would still be there now. I was smart enough to borrow the neighbor's gas powered blower, and the next year I went out & got one of my own. Corner properties and NY winters do not mix well, shoveling wise.

3) Indirectly, I would say among the sillier things I've done (not once, but twice) is have late December babies. We had to call the volunteer ambulance to get us to the hospital for oldest because a blizzard hit the day before and I couldn't get the car dug out. Should there be more kids, I vote we aim for August.