Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ahhhhhh

I live for the days between Christmas & New Year's - workwise, anyway. There's next to no traffic, and nobody's actually here. It's much easier to blog when nobody is calling, or emailing, or interrupting.

It's been several weeks of aggravation around here thanks to a large intranet project, so I'm happy to have a week or so to goof off a bit. I actually had a long post about the project in the hopper that I think I will not post. It was written at the height of frustration, and on the off chance somebody reads this thing who knows me, I don't really want to blow off steam quite that publicly. There's something to be said for self-censorship. In these days of instant communication, many people don't know when to hold off hitting that "send" or "post" button. I pride myself on thinking these things through carefully before committing things to electrons, and in the case of that post I think it best not to vent quite so obviously.