Thursday, June 16, 2005

::HACK. WHEEZE. COUGH:::

Clever reader Jordana notices that it is Thursday, somewhat after the middle of the week, and I have not yet returned to posting.

And why, O Skinny one, would that be?

Because in my infinite wisdom and suavitude, I have managed to come down with a rather nasty case of tonsillitis. Those ever useful guardians at the back of my throat have turned coat, the lousy Benedict Arnolds. I came down feeling a bit off on Sunday, but there were holiday preparations, so I ignored it. By Monday I was feeling lousy, by Tuesday it was worse. I never made it to services on the second day of the holiday (almost never happens), and I skipped the humongous lunch as well.

I had two fairly important meetings on Wednesday, and I had to cancel both - I was not in any kind of shape to go. Off to the sawbones instead, who told me I had grapefruits in the back of my throat. And that I should skip work for a few more days.

Oh, how ducky.

I would have loved to have a few days around the house, but not this way. So the visit with the friends is sort of hazy, I didn't have much appetite, and I barely saw my family. That's the holiday wrap-up.

I did re-read all five Harry Potter books, and the ice cream I made was very good, so it wasn't a complete loss. I thought I'd get started with a month to go before book 6 comes out to refresh my memory, not realizing when I started last Saturday that I was going to be bedridden for four of the next five days. So much for pacing myself.

Anyway, further updates as germs allow.