Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am alive

for anyone wondering. I keep meaning to sit down & write, but other stuff and occasional work intervene.

Lots of stuff is going on around here, including masses of emails going back & forth. Those may be muddying the already murky waters around here, but I feel like we may be on the edge of clarifying roles and responsibilities. If we can all start pulling our oars in the same direction, we may get somewhere. There's also some potential good news coming, put I'm keeping my cards to the vest until I know more. Don't bother staying tuned - the way things sometimes go here, no updates are coming anytime soon.

We've got my nephew's Bar Mitzvah coming up this weekend, which has led to the sorts of family nonsense that always accompanies such occasions. I love my family, and I'd like to spend time with them, but certain blood relatives are being unnecessarily difficult. The actual celebrants, my brother & sister in law, and the Bar Mitzvah boy, are not the difficult ones. Add to that annoying neighbors who think my nearly 40 year old brother is incapable of running his own party, and there's a bit of tension around. Nevertheless, we will go and enjoy, and I told my brother that our goal is to avoid adding to his stress level.

We're on our way south next week for a conference/visit with the friends, so it should be nice to get away. I may bring my laptop, in which case there could be some ConferenceBlogging. Updates as necessary.