Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'd like to say

that I have posted tons of stuff, and it all got eaten. I'd like to say I've been traveling the world, with no internet access. I'd like to say I've been kidnapped by Martians.

The fact is, I can't say any of those things. I have been absolutely, utterly swamped the last few weeks with work to do. Some of it is what I get paid for (supposedly), most of it is stuff I've been asked to do. Add to that the company has issued "no ball playing on the internet" edicts, and I've been a little leery of spending massive amounts of time composing garbage for you to read.

I guess I sometimes lose my taste for blogging, especially when I'm solving other people's crises. Suffice it to say I am well, healthy, and typing this on a spankin' new IBM Lenovo ThinkCentre [ed. aside I don't know why a PC sold in the US, assembled from Japanese parts by some indentured servant in China, needs a British/Canadian spelled name, but I guess that's globalization for you. ] I finally got someone here to cough up some dough for me, as I was down, professionally, to my last $600, which was supposed to last me forever. So I spent a chunk of it on a new PC with 2GB !!!!!! of RAM, a UPS backup, and a flat screen.

So I may not be participating in the blogosphere, but at least I'm doing it in style.