Monday, April 11, 2005

One reason

I call myself aesthetically challenged is that I am almost completely un-crafty. By that I mean I draw like a four-year-old (actually worse - oldest child is showing far more promise than her old man), I couldn't play an instrument to save my life, and several woodworking tools are in the basement waiting for me to work up the nerve to ruin some former tree.

The latest example would be my attempt over the last several minutes to prepare box labels for some materials I organized. I have a lovely Word document, with nice dotted lines around each box label, and all I need to do is cut along the line. Can I manage that properly? No. I get edges that are only slightly more curved than this.

It's a good thing they make desk jobs - I'm quite sure I'd be living in a cardboard box if I actually needed to go out and make anything for a living.