Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thursday Three

I started doing last week's, then gave up in the middle. Dunno why, but I did.

1. What names would you suggest for the offspring of --Denise Richards and Chuckie (the Wildman) Sheen; Britney Spears and that guy; and Prince Charles and Camilla, Dutchess of Cornwall, nee Mrs. Andrew Parker-Bowles?

A similar conversation is going on here about the Spears whelp. My suggestion in the comments (among others) there was "Smoke Federline." Federline being "that guy" it seems. For Sheen, I assume the proper name would be either "Prenup" or "Big Fat Settlement" Sheen. A new Wales child would likely be named "Surprise," or alternatively Hieronymus.

Pedantically, I would point out (per Wikipedia) that The Duchess was not actually born Mrs. Parker-Bowles, but rather Camilla Shand. Also, if you look at the picture of the happy couple, I would still like to know how they got the porcupine on her head to sit still that long.

2. The inspiration for the next set of names comes to us by way of resident peregrine-watcher Janis Gore from deep in the wilds of the Sportsman’s Paradise--to whit: what should be the names of the 3 (or 4) baby falcons born to San Francisco’s own George and Gracie? (You can click on the main website at UCSC and read all about them, or click here and see the most recent live image.)

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice, naturally.

3. Now, for the last one, I realize some of you have already made suggestions, but you’re just going to have to do it again. What is your suggestion for Dave Helton’s new baby horsey?

This one makes me nervous; I'm not good with animal names (see #2). Were I feeling cruel, and given the inspiration of #1, I might suggest "Camilla." But I'm not cruel, am I? If the filly had been a colt, I might have come up with real horsey names, like "Bob" and "Roger." But I have no inspiration, so I'm bowing out.