Thursday, September 08, 2005

It's sad

but my new computer is better traveled than I am. Despite Gateway's claim that it would take until next week for the machine to show up, it was nearly delivered this morning. I say nearly because Mrs. didn't hear the doorbell (wasting her time on the ridiculous concept of actually taking a shower 3.5 hours after being woken).

Based on the FedEx record, the 'pewter has been in Shanghai, Anchorage, Indianapolis, and Jamaica, Queens. I can only claim to have been in one of those places. And it ain't Shanghai.

Nonetheless, I'm quite pleased. I'll have to go pick it up, but I can live with that. Oddly, the free (well, once I file the rebate forms) printer apparently won't be here for a few days yet. Which I can live with, since I don't desperately need it anyway.