Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rumor has it

I have been somewhat remiss in my posting of late. I can't say I think anyone should be so desperate to see what I have to say, but I guess with Sugarmama on hiatus people will look at ANYTHING.

My professional life has become all oral histories, all the time. I had to make up a spreadsheet to figure out what I'm up to with which interview. The boss wants to schedule 5 this week, and it's a shortened week. I'm also trying fairly desperately to get more storage space, since I'm jammed to the gills already and I know there's more out there. I can't seem to get my oar into the available spaces before somebody comes up with a reason why I can't have it, so it's getting a little tiresome. It'll work itself out.

We did go away for the long weekend down to our friends in the DC area, which was really lovely. We really didn't do anything, but it was nice to see them and pleasant to be away. Ate a LOT of meat - grilled lamb chops, chicken, and steak for dinner Friday night (and again cold on Sat. lunch), then burgers Sunday night. We're going to be eating a bit more vegetarian this week to make up for it. On top of it, our friend is expecting and we brought them a ton of stuff - crib, clothes, stuff. We're not just gaining a surrogate niece/nephew, we're getting back our basement and garage.

Last bit of news is the best - I have finally pulled the trigger on a new computer. Been agonizing for months on a replacement for my five year old Sony refurb with the devil in it, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Mrs. finally pushed me over the edge last week, and a shiny new Gateway M360 is eventually on its way to me. I wanted the laptop enough to swallow the higher price, and as the wife said, I'll probably get a new one in five years anyway, so it's not forever. All I really need to do is upgrade the memory, which I will do separately on my own.

So that's the update.