Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday T3

1. Are you an early bird in the prep for the holidays, and if so, how early do you start?

Holiday? What holiday? There's a holiday coming up? Uh oh.

2. If you decorate your house, when do the decorations go up, and what are they?

Not much decorating - we have a lot of the kids' stuff that will eventually get put up, and the menorahs themselves will hit the bay window day of. Assuming, of course, that the tools sitting there are removed beforehand. Yes, they've been there since I put the screen door in on Thanksgiving. So if tools count as decorations, I decorated on Thanksgiving.

3. Do you go out of your way to find special, well-thought-out presents, or are you so harried and confused that gift cards make more sense?

Like El Possumo, I leave such issues up to the missus. I ran out of ideas a loooooong time ago.

So did my dad, incidentally. When I was a kid, we started out with one small gift every day. Then maybe two larger gifts. Then one gift. Eventually my dad just handed me a twenty and told me to pick what I wanted. Apparently it took me only 5 years to get to that point, where he at least put up a good show till I was about 15.