Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So the only thing

worse than being sick yourself is sharing a bed with a nearly 5 year old equivalently sick person.

Youngest got it Friday night, I got it Sunday night, oldest got it last night. I spent all of yesterday in bed (I did get to watch "Going My Way" last night, which was hokey but fun. I like Barry Fitzgerald.) Oldest wakes up just as I'm settling in for the night, with the same stomach unpleasantness I had. She had it pretty much every half-hour from then until 4 AM or so.

So I got about 3 hours of sleep, I have a cold, and I'm still recovering from the virus. Why, no, everything's fine. Why do you ask?

I did manage to make four batches of fudge on Saturday night for Christmas / Chanukah / Holiday gifts for work people. Got some candy boxes at Michael's & delivered today, to a great deal of appreciation from all concerned. Maybe I'll take pictures, as we have plenty left. Plain milk chocolate, mint, oreo, and white chocolate chip. That last was a goof - Mrs. thought it would lighten the milk chocolate, but the white chips didn't melt. So we ended up with four kinds instead of three.

Of course, the very thought of fudge is making me ill, but when I feel better there will be plenty to eat. Anyway, I'll take pics later if I can.