Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm having

a Terry sort of day today. The kids are off for school so the teachers can go get educated and drink coffee or something, so the Mrs. asked me to stay home. I have a personal day that needs blowing anyway, so why not?

So how, exactly, am I Terry-like? Start with the himalayas of laundry clogging up the house, which I am collecting, washing, drying, folding, and in some cases even putting away. There are also the required automotive tasks - a cracked windshield and a check engine light on in the car.

This is why I'm only sort of possumy - I did the usual Yankee thing and called the professionals. Since the insurance includes glass, why would I kill myself anyway? Add that I wouldn't know where to diagnose that little orange bulb, and it makes sense to let others handle things.

Anyway, we're off to the local kids museum to burn off some energy in somebody else's house.