Friday, December 09, 2005

I think

God is trying to tell me something. Automobile-wise, anyway.

As I reported earlier in the week, I had the windshield replaced because of a crack. I also dealt with the check engine light, which was a bad O2 sensor.

So last night I get in the car to head home, and as I head down the hill I notice the car is pulling pretty seriously to the right. I get out, and the right front tire is flatter than Howard Dean thinks the Earth is.

::SIGH::

Pull the car over to a flat spot, out with the jack and lugwrench. Get the donut on, and happily make it to the garage before they close. Yes, I should learn to patch my own tires, but I just wanted to get it done before today's blizzard.

So naturally we have tons of rain, but no blizzard. Allright, but both kids schools are closed. Get the cholent up, head out to work. I come down the stairs from my parking spot, and I can't find my car keys. I have now been over & over the wet, slushy, snowy parking area up there and the keys are simply gone.

I don't know if there's a message in here someplace, but if there is it has to do with my car. (For the record, the mechanic said "He's just trying to tell you that $#@& happens." He may have a point.)