Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday 3

1) What sorts of activities that you have to do in your normal everyday life that are so mind-numbingly boring that you could just scream, if you cared enough?

I dunno - most people consider most of my job deadly dull, but there's a once a week task I think is beyond stupid. I get a weekly email with a listing of the articles written by members of the staff here. Naturally it's all in a simple text email, and then I get to spend an hour or so copying & pasting each piece into a database I created. I tend to fall asleep in the middle of it, but at least it's only once a week.

2) Although you might think YOUR boring thing is the most boringestest thing of all, what do you see OTHER people doing around your workplace that causes you to think maybe you don’t have it quite so bad after all?

Hard to say, but I suspect it would be the file clerks in medical records, who I think spend all day filing. It's not that far off from what I do, but I get at least to think about what I'm organizing & how I do it.

3) Conversely, what sorts of things do you see other people getting to do in their daily tasks that you think would be SO COOL if you could do them?

I see other people making five times my salary, which I think would be cool. The A/V guys get to run around taking pictures & shooting video, which might be fun.