Thursday, November 17, 2005

As to why

I have been away, I'd say it's a combination of blogennui and busyness. My neighbor's mother passed away last week and it's been a busy shiva week for us as well, of course, for her.

Mrs. Skinny co-organized the meals for them, took over carpool, etc. I was over there twice a day for services, did some shopping, and helped out where I could.

I can't remember if anything else of consequence has actually happened. I made nacho stuffed shells on Monday, which freeze nicely and will give me lunch for a few more days. Last night was Chocolate Chip cookies, some for new neighbors & most for the weekend - my brother, sister in law, & two nieces are coming for the weekend while their house is being painted. My nephew decided to make his plans elsewhere, so we've only got the girls.

Oh, and I did have lunch with my friend Peter on Tuesday. There's a group of Medical Archivists that meets periodically in Manhattan, and I try & make lunch plans with Peter when I'm in the City, which is increasingly rare. We always end up at the expensive place a couple of blocks from where I used to (and he still) work(s). Considering he's not Jewish, it's nice there's a restaurant I can take him to that he likes. Kosher restaurants are sometimes a little on the cheesy side, and if you don't keep kosher they don't measure up.

Anyway, it's a steak place I go to when I feel like I have too much money & nothing to spend it on. The steak is unbelievable, and it's one of the few places where I pick the plate completely clean, so it's worth the expense. It was a nice chance to catch up with him, and I was out of the office for more than half the day, which doesn't hurt.