Thursday, November 10, 2005

Workin' in a coal mine

Goin' down down down.

Anyway, T3 this week:

1. What is the thing you like best about your job?

When I'm a smart-aleck, I say the fact that nobody bothers me, sometimes for weeks at a time. See the boss once a month unless I need something. When I'm not, I like answering reference requests most. I don't do a ton - this is the first year in the five I've been here that I'm going to answer more than 50 requests. They're fun because sometimes it's a neat search to find the answer to a question, and it's best when I don't have to think of a question to ask.

2. What one thing--mind you THING (i.e., not people)--that you would like most to change about your job?

There's a few, not the least of which is the pay. I think I'd like to be able to hire an assistant, which is not likely to happen anytime soon.

3. What do you wish people knew about your job that you think they don’t?

First off, I wish they knew that I don't handle medical records. I get a bunch of calls looking for people's charts, and I have to explain that I don't touch those. More importantly, I wish people understood how much I help other people do their jobs. I don't think people get that while I may not make money for the organization, I do an awful lot for the people who do make money.

Not while I'm blogging, maybe, but other times.