Thursday, February 23, 2006

So how was your morning?

Mine was particularly craptastic today. All would have been fine except for one tiny, itty bitty little mechanical detail.

Everybody woke up kind of late, but we got it together fairly quickly & out the door. So, I drop oldest off at school right on time. The schools here are off this week, so the highways actually function as they are supposed to for a change. And I get out of the school building as I always do, get back in the car as always, insert the key and turn it as always, and the car starts...

Exactly as it almost never does. Tick-tick-tick. No friendly red dash lights popping up. No start. No engine running. Bupkis. Uh oh.

So I grab the security guy & ask for a boost, which he gives me. I then decide to head home to try & solve this instead of sitting at work and trying to figure out how to get a boost. Home, change clothes, haul out the offending item, and out to the auto parts joint (in the Mrs.' car) where I got the battery. Well, to their old location nearby to get the address of their new location. Stop for some breakfast at a local bagel place, then ten minutes down the road to the new place.

"Well, you bought this thing in 2003, and there's nothing we can do except take a few bucks off the price of the new one." Now, I remember the last replacement as the summertime, so it's really only 2 1/2 years, but I decided not to argue. Or to buy the battery from him. Down to Sears, buy the new one, home, get it in the car. Dunno if she sold me the wrong battery, as this one seems to have the terminals in the back of the battery, and the old one was in the front I guess. I had to reseat the negative cable to get it to reach, but it seems OK.

By this point I was so late I went & did some food shopping for shabbos, & finally got here. Needless to say I haven't been terribly productive so far. And this explains why T3 is late, both sad (I thought up the questions) and ironic (it's all about being on time.) Next post.