Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today

happens to be Tisha B'av, the commemoration of the destruction of the two temples of antiquity. It also commemorates every other tragedy to happen to the Jewish people over the last 3,000 years, and I think I wrote about this last year.

In any event, it means solemnity, no food, no water, and that's a little rough in 100 degree temps. I'm heading off soon to the conference, so I'll be indoors and vaguely occupied during the day. Mrs. left me the car, so I don't have to deal with the metro and the 1/2 mile walk to the hotel from the metro stop.

More later.

UPDATE: I did write about this last year. And not that it took a genius to figure out, but my prophecy was accurate. Palestinian and other arab terrorism has not stopped, and kicking Jews out of Gaza made damn little difference.