Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Water of Love

may be my alltime favorite Dire Straits song. And I really like Dire Straits, so that's saying something.

Once I had a woman I could call my own;
Once I had a woman now my woman she gone
Once there was a river, now there's a stone
You know it's evil when you're living alone.


Ahhh. It loses a lot without that fabulous steel guitar in the background, though.

Hang on a sec - I want to play it over again.

Joy.

UPDATE: The same holds true for Southbound Again. It's very difficult for me to really pick a favorite, but the self-titled first album is full of gems. All anybody knows is Sultans of Swing, and I've lost interest in that over the years because of how bloody often it's played. It is a fabulous song, but there's more to DS and more to this album in particular. If you don't have it and like guitar pickers, I highly recommend it. Available, naturally, at Amazon. (BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with the top review listed on the page.)