Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm not really

AWOL at the moment, but the kids are on school break this week and I told Mrs. Skinny I would take off some time to keep her and them from going insane.

We had thought of another ski trip, but with one thing and another (including the financial burden) we didn't get it together. So it's a local vacation instead. I baked cookies with the kids on Sunday, went ice skating yesterday, and they went to a Jewish Children's museum (this one in fact) with my folks today while Mrs. & I did some shopping for new dining room furniture.

I'm not personally unhappy with what we have - my plate sits fine on the table, my tush sits fine on the chairs - but Mrs. needs the change, so we went looking. No decisions made, but a fruitful enough trip I guess. I detest Borough Park as a concept, but considering how I've seen the neighborhood on other trips, this wasn't too bad.

Tomorrow I think we take them into Manhattan, and Thursday they head to DC for the weekend while I take a day at work as a rest. Big fancy meeting with big fancy muckety-mucks, and I have no idea what we're going to tell them as some major bumps in this project have come up. We'll see. I'll follow the family down by train on Friday, and we should have a nice time with our friends there.

So updates will be as infrequent as ever.