Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Clear Proof

as if anyone needed it, that I need my head examined. I now have a microwave at work, and I went ahead to heat my lunch (very nice and spicy Mexican stuffed shells, made with veggie beef substitute). I figure six shells won't heat as well or as quickly as if I split them up. So I put three of the shells in the container that held the salad I brought (salad being finished & all) and stuck 'em in the nuker.

Putter around, go get them after the beep, take a bite and... they're ice cold. What in the...? Irritated, I go pop 'em back in for another minute. All is well, they're really good. Go to grab the second set of three, in the original container, and... What the...? They're in an advanced thermodynamic state, to say the least. Possibly even hot.

So your intrepid blogger, demonstrating his smarts, removed the hot shells, placed them on the desk, and promptly began to eat the non-irradiated ones first.

Nonidentical containers might be a good idea for next time, methinks.