Thursday, February 17, 2005

Thursday Three Nine

Despite illness, T3 is back. I'm going to shoot for all nine, just to see if I can.

1. What did you give your Valentine this year?

Bupkis. The Mrs. doesn't hold of this particular piece of folderol.

2. What's your most memorable Valentine’s Day?

For a bad reason, the year I turned 19. I broke up with my girlfriend that day, or shortly thereafter. I'm not so proud of that one.

3. In grade school, what was the Valentine’s Day protocol?

Scary question. I went to an all male religious Jewish school. Tweren't no mention, much less protocol.

4. Did you ever have a secret Valentine?

Not Valentine as such, but I had a desperate crush on a girl in second grade (that would be prior to the move to the all-boys school). It went quite unrequited.

5. What would be the most romantic day/gift you could have?

At this point, sleeping till 11AM completely uninterrupted would probably do it.

6. Are you and your Valentine romantically attuned? (Huh? I mean, do you have some need to express and receive romance?)

I think I'm a little more hug-needy than she is, but we're pretty close.

7. Is Valentines Day a non-event for you? If so, what, if any, romantic traditions replace it?

I don't know that we have traditions, exactly. I did buy Mrs. Skinny a candy bar on Tuesday, which was greatly appreciated.

8. What was the most romantic time you had with your Valentine? (Romance, not sex, guys!) [I am not certain that pointing out this distinction should necessarily be directed at the male of the species. But, be that as it may, it is probably best that we stay away from discussing things that require doing a load of laundry the next day. Ed.]

You're right. Talking about the kids throwing up at midnight is probably inappropriate. That's what you meant by the laundry remark, right?

9. What do you and your Valentine find romantic that others wouldn't?

Chocolate chip cookies with no chips in them.