Friday, February 18, 2005

This is awful

Read the posting for 2/16. Brad brings the "update" of Bugs Bunny to my attention, and I'm horrified. Disgusted. Nearly sick. I've been a fan of the Warner Brothers cartoons for years, and they still represent the finest art ever produced in this country. Funny, tremendously well drawn & animated, and did I say funny? And now some dope wants to "update it for a new generation." The accompanying article in the Denver Post Brad links to fills in the details. Bugs Bunny as Bart Simpson. Hideous.

Incidentally, I HIGHLY reccommend Brad's daily webcomic, Greystone Inn. I think Brad is very talented, and the strip is always funny. Some of the subtle things he draws, and the puns he uses are tremendous. He and I disagree politically on almost every subject, but our email and tagboard conversations are funny and polite, and I think he's a good guy. Check him out.