Monday, February 14, 2005

It's all you Southern Types

The gummint says so. All the health food you people eat is supposedly bad for you. They want to take away the fried food group, which suggests problems ahead for Terry's PossumKitchens. How can we deliver high-quality deep-fried kosher foods if the CDC says it's all bad for you?

I can live with government being frustrated. I want people to be healthy. I understand there are healthcare costs associated with poor diet. But it's nobody's business what other people eat. Food is supposed to taste good, and sometimes that means fat is included. Andrew Stuttaford over at National Review has a real bug up his English bum about the "Health Mullahs", and he's converted me. I don't really think the Feds have any business telling people what to eat or what not to eat.

Put up the numbers, explain to folks why you think a healthy diet would be a good idea, then shut up.

Mmmm, deep fried gummint forms. Anybody else hungry?