Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hooray for the red white and blue

for lo, it doth give us all a long weekend. Which was plenty full for me.

Some friends invited themselves over to spend shabbat, which I'm glad about. We don't get to see them that often, and when it's people I like I'm perfectly happy to have them call & invite themselves in. I don't think about having people stay with us as often as I should, so I'm glad when they pick up the slack. They also brought their adorable 1 year old, which was entertaining for all.

Our herbs are growing very nicely, so I picked a pile of basil and made a pesto-ish marinade for some chicken for friday night. I say "ish" because parmesan is a no-go for kosher chicken, so I just tossed in the basil, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper, and some lemon juice 'cause the Mrs. said to. It tasted good, so I guess it worked. We were invited out to lunch way over on the other side of town, but other than the long walk it was lovely. Finished off Saturday with a dinner invite to another friend's house in their backyard. The kids got filthy, so I hosed them down in the shower (I wouldn't normally because I usually heat the water up, which is a no-no on shabbat, but they were hideous, so I kept the temperature down.)

Sunday was a shopping day - Ikea, Targét, Lowe's, and a stop at a bagel place for lunch. I spent under $100 all told, which is a miracle. The lack of furniture purchase at the swedish joint helped a lot. I got a bike ride in, but I think that's all that happened on Sunday.