Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Until last night

when I actually began work on the moronproject™. Kids in bed, another bike ride, and then off to the garage. Measure, measure again, get out the circular saw that's been sitting in the case for a year because I had no use for it, and then slice up some pine. Very satisfying, even if the circular was a bit of overkill.

I did a lousy job cutting the plywood, which is supposed to be for the shelves, but I think I still have enough. I may ask my pal who's good at this sort of thing for some advice, or my dad who knows a bit. I've decided that even if this is a complete failure, it's important to start somewhere. It's not that I desperately need a hobby, but instead of imagining moronitude (or moron-ness, as the case may be), it's time to put it into practice. I assure you that, success or failure, I will post pictures of the conclusion.

Incidentally, I'm now even more unhappy that my fershluggener high school didn't have shop class. I might have wanted to blow it off as a teenager, but I'm completely unaware of the basics and I have to learn everything for the first time now. Spilt milk, I suppose, but I suspect I could have saved a lot of money and had a lot of fun if I had been taught some of this years ago.