Thursday, July 07, 2005

Yet another example

of why we need to beat these terrorist sons of bitches. They want people dead, don't care who it is, and they don't mind dying in the process. That last part is the only bit of that philosophy I agree with. Anyone reading this shares my horror, and extends sympathies to the victims of this latest mass homicide.

One note of perspective - this is yet one more battle in a very long war. The deaths and injuries today are a painful reminder of what is at stake. I for one believe we will win this in the end. I know there are people who disagree, but I believe this is a fundamental clash of cultures, and we can't afford to lose.

I don't want to leave my children a world of Islamic terror and random murder. My own approach would be non-random murder; i.e. sending as many terrorist losers to hell, where they will spend eternity with 72 virgins that look something like this. Or this. Or, if they get what they really deserve, the virgins will look like this.

This attack was bound to happen. Through effort and luck we in America have been spared more of this, but they're trying like crazy to break through. We can hope and pray they don't succeed, but there is more coming. If we truly want to make this world a better place, we have to absorb the casualties and the lessons of this battle, and apply what we've learned to the rest of the war.

May God welcome the victims, heal the injured, and comfort the survivors.