Wednesday, July 13, 2005

So, where were we?

I don't know either. The weekend was mostly normal through the end of Saturday. Sunday was the shopping day to end shopping days. Well, for me, anyway. I loathe shopping, with the possible exception of shopping for manly man crap that I want.

We started out going to the Swedish joint we had visited last week. Mrs. settled on the piece of cheap prefab pressboard furniture she wanted. So we head out there, and naturally they had none in stock. Plus we had left the kids with neighbors so I could take the seats out & fit said swedish miracle, and our neighbors had to hit the road by 12:45. So back home we rush, and have lunch.

Off to the next stop, alone, thankfully. Foodstuffs needed, so off I go to a kosher supermarket about 20 minutes away. Why not go locally, you ask? Because the local kosher joint is lousy - not much meat in stock, and what they have doesn't look good. So I head off the other way, buy some crap, stop at Trader Joe's & Costco along the way. Home. Kids in bed, and I head out for a bike ride.

This has been my exercise lately, and it's a nice way to get away from stuff. Unlike Sugarmama, I am not seeking to outrace bullet trains, but I am looking to get off my increasingly non-skinny derriere once in a while. So I've been heading out and trying to find nice, interesting places to ride through. Sunday I headed North instead of my usual South, and I got a chance to see some nearish by neighborhoods/towns/villages/ unincorporated hamlets.

Then home, and...