Tuesday, May 17, 2005

We also

have company, as the in-laws are in town on their way home from a longish trip to Spain. It's nice to see them, though I sometimes feel more like a hotel stop than a destination.

I did break out the grill last night and my folks came over for dinner too. Nice, but I was feeling a little put upon as I spent all the pre-time and part of dinner cooking. I kind of volunteered, so it's partly my own fault, but it might have been nice to have some company. For various reasons we cancelled our restaurant plans and simplified life for some people by eating at home, but I didn't get to firsts until most everyone else was ready for seconds.

Poor me.

The fajitas were very good, though, so it made up for a lot.

I will also note (again) that I once again mentally cursed out the contractor who built our house. I could really use a gas line from the house instead of having to refill the propane tank. I spent much of the pre-heat time hoping I'd have enough to get through dinner, which fortunately I did. It does mean I have to refill the tank again, though. Stupid contractor.